Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Quilt Cat


Cats love quilting... especially the part when you're laying out your quilt top to size everything up.

Yes, as soon as my nearly-finished quilt top was on the dining room table this morning, the cat appears from nowhere, plants herself in the middle of it all, licks her paw, and gives me an adoring look that says "Thank-you, dahr-ling, I was looking for a new spot to lie down!". She was less impressed when I unceremoniously dumped her on the chair.

Interestingly enough, all of the quilters in my quilting class are owned by cats! Isn't that funny? There must be some kind of synergy in appreciating cats and enjoying the creative process of quilting.
So, the quilt is coming along. I think I could seriously get into this.

8 comments:

RamblingMother said...

There is also a very old wives tale about who will get married first, have you heard of Shaking the cat? Everyone in a quilting bee grabs a corner of the finished quilt with the cat in the center and which ever person the cat jumps out nearest is the first to get married. Or something like that.

Beverly

Red Sand said...

I'm not anything remotely resembling a quilter or a sew-er, but I am partially owned by a cat. In our case, it's the paper - no matter what it is, she has to be sitting on it.

redmaryjanes said...

Have we exchanged squares? I don't see mine in there. Let me know.

Tracey and Mike said...

Lookin' good! And yes, our kitty was very thankful for his new quilt when I made Ran's!

RoLo said...

Classic photo

Wendy said...

It looks amazing!!!

walternatives said...

Brava on the quilt - it's lovely.

Kristine said...

Love your quilt and the kitty. Mine LOVES the camera and every time I try to take a photo, she is there!! Now, to start on my quilt...