Friday, September 26, 2008

Changing Seasons


September has always been my favorite month. The excitement of starting a new school year, the changing fall colours, sparkling stars in the crisp evening air that come out earlier than you expect... things have always seemed to come together for me in September. Except for this year. This year, I'm struggling to cope with it all:

-three kids who go to three different schools each morning,

-three courses to teach, in addition to my research and committee work (OK- one grad course I'm only "helping" with)

-a new schedule for the kids "extra" activities (swimming, basketball, gymnastics, piano/music)

-and, most dreaded of all, an impending KITCHEN RENOVATION (gulp!)


I just can't seem to get into the swing of it all yet, and we're already near the end of the month. I'm sure things will smooth out eventually, and life won't feel so hectic. I might even have time for this blog again someday!

I realize that I'm so very lucky to have these kinds of complaints, and that there are probably many people who'd trade their problems for mine in an instant. So, I'll stop complaining now, and try to enjoy what promises to be a beautiful September weekend in this part of the world.
Hope your weekend is wonderful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey guys, I'm beginning to know how you feel... especially with all the extracurricular activities for the kids. Seems like the weeks are flying past even faster this year.

Hang in there! And post some pics fo the renovations. :-)

redmaryjanes said...

We go through the same things here and it takes a lot of coordination to get your fall routine down.
I hope you guys have a wonderful season!