Thursday, August 30, 2007

We're Here!!


First of all, my sincere apologies to anyone who requested my travel blog password and didn't get it- I could not log-in to Blogger from either Nanjing or Beijing, and although I could read it using "anonymouse", I also could not access the Comments section of the blog. I'll e-mail you all the link later today from my DH's account (still having probs at home with my e-mail), so you can get the "retrospective" view of our trip if you're still interested.

Things here are going swimmingly!! We've been back since early Friday morning and the jet lag is pretty much over. Actually, the whole trip was fantastic for us, and our little guy is a dream child so far! Once we met him, he was quiet for the first 2 days, and then he started to come to life. And come to life he did! He's a real character- all-boy, terrific sense of humour, loves to sing and dance, happy most the time, loves to eat, and has been sleeping well. I'm pretty sure his smooth adjustment has nothing to do with anything we're doing right- I think he just has an easy-going, fun-loving temperament, and I also believe that he was probably well-prepared by his SWI for the adoption.

I also believe that because of his cleft issue, he probably received a lot of individual attention and care, especially during feedings when he was an infant. This early attention is so important to healthy emotional development in children. So, although his medical need was most likely the reason his birth family could not raise him, it may also be part of the reason why he's adjusting so well to his new life with us.

I'm not really into posting a lot of pictures here, but I have to share one of my favorite "at home" photos. Is he cute or what?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel is a sweetheart! I am so happy his adjustment is smooth. Boy are you lucky to get over that jetlag so fast. You've got a great looking family. We are looking forward to meeting Daniel.


Kim ( Clarenville)

wzgirl said...

Yes! Cute - and happy! It is wonderful to know that you guys are home safe and sound. XO

walternatives said...

He is adorable! And so is the rest of your family. Happy to have y'all back and you back to Blogville.

Elizabeth said...

He is so very sweet! I'm so happy for you, and glad to read that transition on all levels is going rather smoothly for you all.
I couldn't log into your travel blog either, so I'm happy to read an update.

Anne Marie said...

Oh gosh, Carolyn, he is ADORABLE, and from what you've said here, it looks like the photo captures his joie de vivre perfectly! I am so glad to hear that he's doing so well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Carolyn, I just read your travel blog, and he is amazing! I got so nostaglic, too, seeing the hotel and the CAO where we met The Bee. I am so glad it's going well, and he is home with you. Bravo!

Joce and sometimes Shawn said...

Ijust finished reading your blog!! Your little guy is so cute and I am glad to hear he is adusting well. Congrats!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Carolyn, I am to glad to hear that everything went so well. He is just beautiful, guess I should say handsome. He looks so happy. I'll bet you are happy too.

Wendy said...

He's just as cute as ever I am glade your adjustment is going well.

Wendy

"M" said...

He's beyond cute!!!! Welcome home.

Tao's Mommy said...

Oh Carolyn....Glad to hear everything is going great now that your home. Daniel is a real sweatheart!!! I love that picture of him on his new wheels!! Channing is doing amazing now and is adjusting more and more everyday with me. We are now over the jetlag and her cold is gone. Well say hi to everyone for me and I will be doing a post in the next day or two!!

Miss you guys!!!!

Cavatica said...

He's wonderful!!!

RoLo said...

He is adorable. Thanks so much for sharing:)

Tracey and Mike said...

Great to hear Daniel is doing so well. He looks like a happy boy! Since your email's acting up & guess you didn't get our message. Everyone says hi - miss you guys!