Sunday, February 17, 2008
Oh my- I've been tagged for the "7 things you didn't know about me" meme twice. First by Deb and then by Sherri. SO, I guess there's no ignoring it! And, to my surprise, I was tagged ages ago by Tracey to do a different meme (sorry I missed that, Tracey).
Seven Things...Here's what I need to do: list 7 random things about me that many of you out in blogland may not know. The rules say I must link the person (or people) who sent this to me and leave a comment on their blog(s) so their readers can visit me. The rules have to be posted on my blog (that's why I'm writing this).
RULES: Share 7 facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK- in no particular order, here are 7 things about me that you might not know:
7) I'm a wannabe craftsperson. I've always loved arts & crafts, and my current obsession is learning to quilt. I also knit, embroider, & scrapbook. But- here's the thing- I can't cut a straight line!
6) I'm a wannabe goat herder! My retirement dream is to run a small hobby farm of mohair goats and/or alpaca, raised for their wool/fiber. I'd like to spin it, sell it, and create with it. Maybe I won't wait for retirement ;)
5) I'm an adventurous eater. I have not yet found a food that I won't try at least once.
4) I have always believed that I would have 4 children. We're in a holding pattern right now, with 3.
3) Part of my research program involves me living in seabird colonies for (brief) stretches of time. Apart from the fact it means I'm away from the kids, I absolutely LOVE it! No running water, toilet, central heating.... no traffic lights, appointments to make, or appearances to keep....it is THE LIFE!
2) My third name is Agnes.
1) From time to time, I hoard chocolate- just for myself. I'll sneak away while the kids are busy and eat it all before they find it. Today, I hid in my bedroom and ate a "Cherry Blossom" that I'd been carrying around in my purse for almost a week!
Now, who to tag?
How about: Kim, Tracey, Doreen, Krista, CA Momma, "M", Stephanie
Here's Tracey's meme:
4 jobs I've had: 1) camp counsellor, 2) waitress, 3) Naval Reserve officer, 4)professor
4 movies I've watched over & over: 1) Cars, 2) A Fish Called Wanda, 3) all the Monty Python flicks, 4) Beaches
4 places I've lived: 1) Montreal, 2) Toronto, 3) Victoria, 4) St. John's
4 shows I watch (this is tough): 1) The Hour (George Stombolopolous), 2) The Border, 3) ... 4)... do The Backyardigans and The Suite Life with Zack & Cody count!?!
4 people who e-mail me regularly: 1) Libby, 2) Anne, 3) Doreen, 4) Debbie
4 favorite things to eat: 1) prime rib (with apologies to you vegetarians), 2) cheesecake, 3) chocolate, 4) turnip
4 places I'd rather be- nowhere, other than a short stint in Tuscany, I'm exactly where I want to be.
4 things I look forward to this year: 1) celebrating our son's first anniversary home with us, 2) the summer, 3) getting better at quilting, 4) taking the kids camping.
Now, I'm supposed to tag 4 others... but I won't since I just tagged 7 above. If any of the 7 of you want to do the "4 things meme", too, then go for it!