Monday, September 21, 2009

One Week of School Down, Less Than 40 to Go!

So, we've gotten through just over one week of school, including 3 different Curriculum Night sessions. I'm still trying to get totally into the pattern of Kindergarten half-days. In the mornings, while we're in morning sessions, I'm trying to work from home, to save an extra 40 mins/day of communting time. It's working mostly- except when the kids have a dentist appointment, or a doctor's appointment, like today. That throws me a bit off schedule. But its mostly working for me. I'll get really into the routine just in time to change to the afternoon sessions.

Here's first day of school (before the tears!). Is he a big kid now or what?


I also have to mention that one of our local Moms has started a fabulous little website, where she is offering embroidered fleece items for sale. Click HERE to get to her site. I've ordered some of her adorable shoe bags for my nieces- great for ballet slippers or anything at all. I'm also going to order some fleece pillows from her, but I'm trying to finalize what colours/designs go with what kids! She has Chinese-themed and non-Asian themed designs, designs for boys and girls- something for everyone. Check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1/2 days suck and make no sense as the majorit of children are in some kind of pre-school or sitter service for a full day before kindergarten.

He looks so grown up and adorable:)

Florence

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn,

WOW! He has certainly grown up in the last year and a 1/2. His baby face has changed to that of a growing strong boy now! Sounds like everything is going well for you guys. Great to hear.

Cheers,
Dave