Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm so out of touch...


I feel as if I've been out of touch with what's going on in my regular internet circles for ages. I guess it's mostly only been 3 weeks or so.

I've been trying to catch up tonight on some blog visiting and yahoo groups reading, but I just can't finish it all. And I feel sort of... guilty. That can't be too healthy. Blogging is supposed to be an outlet, not a compulsion, right!?!

Anyways, DX's palate repair got the thumbs-up from his surgeon yesterday. Healed lovely, and now he can eat french fries again! However, there is something odd going on in one of his ears. After being unable to insert a tube in one ear, his ENT ordered a CT scan. It turns out that there is a small growth in that ear... probably something called a "cholesteotoma" (a benign cyst)... but we see a more specialized ENT surgeon tomorrow who will give us the details.

I'm still quilting... I decided to piece together a strip scrap quilt for a fabulous friend whose birthday is in January. I have the top done, and I just need to pin the three layers together and quilt it. I also have to finish quilting DX's OHGWQ and put a border on my daughter's quilt top. But I guess we need to get the Christmas tree up first!! Oh my... what's the date? There are still some Christmas cards to go out!

Oh, here's DX's first interaction with Santa Claus... it can only get better from there!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That pictures with Santa is priceless. Poor little guy.

RamblingMother said...

That is one for posterity. Glad to know the surgery went well. Hopefully the cyst can be removed without to much trouble.

Beverly

Livin' out loud said...

This was our DD last year!! SOOO cute!!
Susan

wzgirl said...

No need to feel guilty, bud. Big hugs to you, your little guy and the poor ol' Santa that holds these wee beings when they freak out for pictures. XO

Tracey and Mike said...

Oh, I know what you mean. I just don't know why we're so busy ...
That's a great pic for the ole memory book!