I was tagged by Deb to recall 10 childhood memories. Hmmm....
1) My kittens "Mindy & Mork" (ah come on, you remember them!)
2) Our family vacation in Eastport where all my mother did was complain about the motel, and when we went to the (beautiful sandy) beach, it was covered with jellyfish!!
3) Sleepovers at my friend Aisling's house. She had a real treehouse... I loved that place.
4) Borrowing my friend Bonnie's earrings... and bracelets... and necklaces... and... you get the idea.
5) Intensely disliking Kellie in Grade 2. She sat in front of me in class and I used to pull her hair. She's one of my closest friends now!
6) Tennis lessons when I was about 10 years old with the cutest teenage boy I had ever seen! All the girls were in love with him.
7) Going to a provincial Girl Guide camp with my friend Bonnie when I was 10. It was the first time I was away from home for longer than a couple of days.
8) Our music teacher, Mrs. Kearsey. She was short and round and wonderful! She used to wear 4 inch platform shoes- even with them she must have only been about 5 feet tall. And she had a toy poodle named Coco who she brought to school to "perform" for the kids!
9) Performing "Edelweiss" and "My Bonnie Lassie" with the girls in my Grade 8 class on a concert. My friend Andrea & I played guitar and the rest of the group sang. It was either a disaster or we were pioneers in pushing back the boundaries of syncopation and harmony!
10) Getting the German Measles. I hallucinated about the "green blob" seeping out of our freezer, creeping across the kitchen floor and enveloping me. I think that was about the time that the movie "The Fog" was on the go.
This was a cute meme. I'm going to tag some others. Let's see... how about Ms. Dragonfly, The Seventh Diamond, and Tracey...